lunes, 8 de junio de 2015

Diary entry

For the L/L writing class, we had to write a diary entry based on a poem we recently read, "My grandmother knitting" from Liz Lochhead. We supposed to be the the granny, so we talked about her feelings, wishes, needs, and more.... Well, here is my diary entry, hope you enjoy it!

Dear diary,
 I´m so damn bored on these times, nothing is as it was before, when I was allowed to knit, which was a pleasure, and a necessity in my family. And excuse me, but I´m still not used to this, I want to help, to support them in some way, as I always did. I feel so useless here, it´s like everything I want to do to bring help to my family seems unnecesary. My grandchildren have a pitty look on their eyes when they look at me. I feel like they have to bear me only because I´m the "old useless but pretty boring granny" to them. I love them with my whole heart, and that´s one of the reasons why I knit so much, as well as a necessity, it was an exposure of love on my times. But I´m old now, and I can also see how my hands (my loyal partners) have changed, what it would be an extremely depressing fact to me if I wouldn´t be afraid to die, I just want to leave good memories, anecdotes, laughters to my family. As well as help them while I can.
 But I miss so much my young pretty hands, who have passed from accompaning that tiny fishergirl, to that bride later taking care of six little blond children (whose father was a miner who worked all day, a good father though, so consequently most of their raise was made by me), to a worker woman. They have learned and experienced so much you don´t even get an idea.
 And now, they can´t stop, it´s my only way to express myself  I´m still necessary, as I´ve always been. They want me to stop, to rest, but I can´t. I´m afraid they don´t even bear me.

                                                                                                    With love,
                                                                                                                Luce      
                                                                                                                                                 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario